Thursday 26 May 2011

Queen Victoria on film!!!

So there I was, measuring the intensity of the radiation emitting from my southern blot. The click, click, click-click-click sounds from the geiger counter sounded a bit too frequent (meaning that the blot is not as clean as it should be and needs extra washing to get rid of the residue isotope) but that day I was impatient (and a bit desperate!) to see something, anything on my blot. So I carefully dried it on a piece of tissue, wrapped it in cling film, stuck it down in the casette and exposed it to film overnight.

I had expected to see bands on the film of my DNA with some residue blobs here and there. Imagine the shock when I saw this! :



Over-exposure!! At its finest!!!

But look at the outline in the centre. Does it look familiar?


Queen Victoria! On MY film! How cool is that???

No comments:

Post a Comment