Tuesday 9 August 2011

Back up and running (kind of)



Apologies for my absence, I have been busy.  Things have been a bit heavy at work but they seem to be getting a little bit better.  For several months I have been going through what many scientists go through: frustration, loss in confidence and self doubt.  I had this towards the end of my PhD too, and it is a real killer.  Everything grinds to a halt or is super duper slow, and time and everything else seems to be against you.

It was in these couple of months though that I discovered this blog on Bench Fly.  It has this wonderful section on science and life that contains some insightful and amusing advice on how one's outlook on experiments, life and the like should be.  I am sure there are others like it out there and posts on science forums.

It goes to show that communication with those who have been through it all and having a life outside the lab is essential for dealing with the issues in this line of work.  If you are finding yourself also in a similar situation and everything is getting you down, please talk to someone or join a science forum or read blogs such as the one on Bench Fly.

Most importantly keep healthy and keep smiling.

Thanks for reading x

See: Bench Fly   




No comments:

Post a Comment